Spanish Chicken Student Recipe
2 March 2020
Hey! It’s been a while since we offered up a cheap and tasty idea for you Swansea students so here’s a tasty Spanish chicken and Chorizo student meal..
The positive of this dish is that it is very customisable allowing you to add basically whatever you want, whether it be potatoes, olives or chickpeas!
- Red onion 1
- Cloves of garlic (adjust to your taste) 3
- Chopped tomatoes 1 tin/packet
- Smoked paprika 1 tbsp
- Dried oregano 1 tbsp
- Chicken breast, cubed 2
- Ring of chorizo 1
- Pepper 1
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Rice or pasta (optional) To serve
How to make easy Spanish Chicken:
1. Add the chorizo into a dry, deep frying pan or pot pan (any you’d prefer) on a low heat, let it fry until crisp and the paprika oil has been released, this will be your base for the rest of the cooking.
2. Add the chicken into the same pan.
3.When the chicken is almost cooked add in the onion and sliced pepper and simmer on a low heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the onions are transparent.
4.Add the garlic, allow it to cook for 30 seconds or so and then add the chopped tomatoes
5. Let this simmer for a while, adding the smoked paprika, oregano, and any other herbs or spices to taste.
6. When it has simmered and reduced down to a stew-like texture, serve up with rice or pasta, or on its own.
We’ll be back with more easy student recipes soon, the GLC Team wishes you a great week!